Monday, December 07, 2015

mansaku

Saturday, after Satoshi's German class, we had lunch at Mansaku, which specializes in Miyazaki cuisine. Which if I'm not mistaken, is all things chicken.

Satoshi's not that much of a fan of chicken (unless it is fried), so he chose the Miyazaki beef bowl.

This was a nice sized serving topped with a poached egg. His meal also came with some salad and miso soup.

I chose the Tori Namban.

Fried chicken dipped into a shoyu based sauce then topped with tartar sauce.

Tartar sauce in Japan usually has hard boiled eggs in it.

This piece of chicken was huge!

I usually can't finish all the rice I'm given so I gave the rest to Satoshi.

The food was good here, and there were other items we would like to try...we'll be back.

Mansaku
Grand Front Osaka South Building 7F
Phone: 06.6485.7474
Weekdays: lunch 11:00-15:00, dinner 17:00-23:00
Weekends: 11:00-23:00
Open when Grand Front Osaka is

7 comments:

KirkK said...

That sounds delicious Kat! So Satoshi doesn't like yakitori?

K and S said...

he'll eat yakitori Kirk as long as there isn't the soft chicken skins on it.

Take care:)
Kat

Rowena said...

I can understand Satoshi on the fried chicken preference....this past weekend we went to Burger King drive-thru for fries and a coke, but as soon as I saw Chicken Fries on the menu, I just had to have it!

Unknown said...

I do like soft chicken skins either , but love it crispy .
This place sounds good - have to go there in January !
Joanna

K and S said...

how was the chicken fries Rowena? I think the BK in Hawaii sells these too.

Your list is getting longer and longer Joanna :)

Take care you two.
kat

K said...

Ooh, the Nanban sounds great!

K and S said...

I think I may be attracted to anything with tartar sauce, K!

Take care.
Kat