Wednesday, June 15, 2016

sending hugs

It's been 2 months since the tragic Kumamoto Earthquake, and they are still having aftershocks!

Thousands are still in shelters and/or living out of their cars.

They haven't been able to clear much of the debris and the "red tape" part of getting things moving forward seems to be endless and frustrating.

I found a tiny shop nearby that sells fruits and veggies from Kumamoto.

Even if we cannot visit the area right now, I hope by purchasing their produce it will help Kumamoto start moving forward.

Sending hugs to Kumamoto.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

arghgh, those poor folks - always the red tape to muck everything up! I see some beautiful okra there...

KirkK said...

That's really tough Kat.....hope things improve at a quicker pace.

K and S said...

I agree Rowena!

me too Kirk.

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

I hope the relief work is able to start faster!