Saturday, July 30, 2016

back to magnolia bakery, la palme d'or & pierre marcolini

Yesterday, I met up with my friend Mineko.

Since she hadn't been to Magnolia Bakery, we decided to lunch there. (shh...I didn't tell her I ate there a couple of days before).

I tried their Kale & Red Quinoa Salad : chopped kale, red quinoa, wheat berries, chickpeas, tomatoes, green beans, butternut squash and toasted almonds, lemon shallot vinaigrette...super puckery but delicious (I want to re-create this one!).

Mineko had their Napa Cabbage and Broccoli Slaw : napa cabbage, broccoli slaw, edamame, tomato, red onion and cilantro, ponzu vinaigrette and chopped peanuts. She also added chicken.

She also had their Lilikoi Passion Tea but said this was super sour!

After lunch, we went to La Palme D'Or to find something sweet.

Mineko went with their Earl Grey Velvet. The cake was super tender and moist with a hint of earl grey.

I tried their Lemon Tarte.

There seemed to be gianduja on the bottom so that the crust wouldn't get soggy...delicious.

It's so nice that the shopping center has tables and chairs for you to enjoy foods/drinks without having to pay for the extra service (wish we had more of these type of spaces in Osaka).

It was a nice time chatting and catching up.

Mineko was super sweet to gift these chocolates by Pierre Marcolini to me.

A different type of cacao from a different region.

I'm so happy that Mineko had some time to meet up.

She mentioned she will be travelling to Japan, so I hope we'll be able to meet up again there!

Thanks for a great day Mineko!

4 comments:

KirkK said...

Nice salad Kat!

K and S said...

it was Kirk :)

Take care.
kat

K said...

Yum, I love tea-flavored desserts!

K and S said...

they are so good K!

Take care.
Kat