Thursday, November 17, 2016

re-vamp

I recently made a batch of Ellie Krieger's Apple Pecan Muffins.

I added some kanso okara (dry okara) in place of half of the flour amount.

I'm glad that this muffin still turned out very moist.

Though I was bummed that the adjustable element in my oven, decided to adjust itself while the batch of muffins were baking and the muffin papers got a bit scorched.

At least there wasn't a fire (though it kind of smelled like it), and the muffins didn't taste smoky.

How's your week going?

4 comments:

jalna said...

Amazing how you can improvise and make things healthier!

Rowena said...

sometimes these appliances have a mind of their own :o

KirkK said...

Oh no.....sounds like a possible fire hazard Kat!

K and S said...

I agree Rowena :p

which is why I always stay close by, Kirk :)

Take care you two.
kat