I first posted 10 photos back in 2008 as part of a meme, now I do this every year as a way to look back on the year.
1. This Fishcake Tempura came close to the ikamenchi we tried in Aomori.
2. Super easy and tasty Watermelon Rind Pickles, is a great way to use all of the watermelon.
3. An adapted version of Mom's Okara Scones using dry okara.
4. Dashi, a dish from Yamagata has a nice array of veggies, perfect to beat the heat of summer.
5. Seed Studded Anzac Biscuits, a great version using lots of seeds.
6. Kinkan Conserva, a nice way to use kinkan (kumquat).
7. This version came close to recreating Smoked Ahi Dip
8. Japanese Veggie Soup with Ginger, a nice way to warm up with ginger and lots of veggies.
9. Spring Cabbage Shumai, a great way to eat more veggies while cutting out some carbs.
10. Spicy Pork, super easy to put together and great to have in the freezer for days you don't feel like cooking.
Lots of new adventures and re-connecting...how was your year in the kitchen?