Friday, May 26, 2017

kyuurei coffee

It seems we've nose dived into summer here.

I've been making kyuurei coffee in the afternoons.

Kyuurei Coffee (literally quickly cooled coffee) is the Japanese style of iced coffee or what I think is called flash brewed coffee in the States.

I really enjoy cold brew (mizudashi) types but this method apparently protects the coffee from oxidizing.

Just heat the water to the appropriate temperature, fill your glass with ice and brew your coffee right over the ice.

As the hot coffee hits the ice it is quickly cooled.

I think I will be drinking my coffee this way and cold brew style this summer.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

well that's a nifty little kitchen gadget!

K and S said...

no special gadget really Rowena, just the paper filter holder over ice :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

no, no, that plastic filter thing on the glass. I tried looking for that here but, pffft! no deal.

K and S said...

I've had this for ages, Rowena, think it is made by Melita?!

Take care.
Kat