Saturday, May 06, 2017

tanuki

There is an animal in Japan called a tanuki which in English is called a Raccoon Dog.

Anyway, I've seen them around our area, but of course, Satoshi never believed me.

Until the other day, we were checking out the anti-social cat that lives down the street and Satoshi said, "look there is another cat"...

nope, it was a tanuki.

Bummer, I don't have a camera in my eye to show you the tanuki we saw, I did find a picture on Wikipedia though...at least now Satoshi is a believer.

7 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, never gave it thought that they were still around, when we visited japan 20 years ago they had ceramic figures all over the place, I just assumed they were endangered or extinct.

jalna said...

Ahahahahaha!! Now, if only a duck would fly by . . .

Anonymous said...

So fun! I loved seeing them in the zoo by our place (in Japan obviously), but it would be even cooler to just see them out and about!

K and S said...

it is amazing the types of wild animals in our area Mich!

ha ha Jalna, he actually saw one fly, so he is a believer of ducks too :)

the cat whose food he was raiding, wasn't too thrilled, LJ, but we were amazed to see one so close up...

Take care everyone!
Kat

Rowena said...

with a cute face like that, there has to be a cartoon character in Japan. I prefer the name Racoon Cat!

KirkK said...

That is so awesome....or kinda scary.....

K and S said...

I wouldn't doubt there is a cartoon character somewhere in Japan Rowena!

kinda both Kirk!

Take care you two.
Kat